Saturday, July 22, 2006

Ottawa: Children provide hope during a Protest against such brutal murder

Well I got back from the protest condeming what Israel is doing in Lebanon and Palestine as well as our government's response to it. I'd say there were around 1200 - 1500 people who came out, but its always hard to judge numbers. As one of the speakers talked about the over 100 innocent children already killed I felt myself on the verge of tears. As people should know I adore children, and would go out of my way to defend them. However, children can give great joy as well and as I stood at the top of the stands (that were set up for the sound and light show) holding the TROOPS OUT NOW! banner which rests in my room, I was surrounded by children on either side of me, behind me and below me. Despite the odd accidental bump to the head by a flag they were playing with, they made me smile greatly and showed me the innocence of hope in the face of such murder and insanity.

I'm going to write more and hopefully be able to get pictures, on this later.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home